Climate Action Network Australia (CANA) works to help the Australian climate movement build power to achieve real action on global warming. We provide infrastructure for the movement, connecting and convening member organisations to align strategy and coordinate campaigns. CANA members include GetUp!, AYCC, Greenpeace, The Wilderness Society, the Australian Conservation Foundation (ACF), WWF, Oxfam, 350.org and the state-based Conservation Councils.
This newly created role of Clean Energy Campaign Strategist will lead the exciting new #Repower campaign, a directed-network effort to achieve 100% renewable energy by 2030 by building a much bigger climate movement, helping Australia move beyond coal, and accelerating the push for affordable renewables everywhere, for everyone. This is a unique and exceptional opportunity for a senior, seasoned campaigner to work across organisations and provide movement-wide strategy and leadership on a high profile campaign.
- Lead ongoing strategy development for national Repower directed-network campaign to decarbonise Australia’s energy system
- Coordinate delivery of major campaign initiatives across the network
- Foster the development of networks, alliances and partnerships to achieve campaign goals and grow an influential and resilient climate movement
- Organise and coach CANA members and other campaign partners to succeed in performing their role within a wider campaign strategy
- Convene and facilitate working groups of campaign partners
- Identify resource requirements and funding opportunities to deliver campaign components across the network, including providing strategic advice on CANA grantmaking programs
Key Selection Criteria
- At least five years' experience leading strategy and execution in campaigns that have built influence in a range of arenas including communities, politics and the corporate sector
- Extensive experience growing and coordinating networks, alliances and partnerships to achieve strategic goals and social movement power
- Demonstrated use of analytical and creative thinking to solve problems and develop effective strategy
- A sound understanding of energy and climate politics
- Excellence in leading and coaching people and organisations to achieve goals
- Extensive experience facilitating group work
- Persuasive and adaptable communication style and an ability to work efficiently with communications professionals to deliver strategic communication products
- A record of delivery and sound project management in complex and uncertain environments
- Ability to thrive in a team that is distributed around the country
- A commitment to equality, justice and tackling global warming
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Location: We prefer that you work from our Sydney or Melbourne office but if you are an exceptional candidate with a track record of working remotely we will consider your proposal to work from any location within a reasonable distance of a major regional or capital city airport.
- Salary: $90,000 - $100,000 plus super, depending on experience
- Travel: You will need to be able to conduct extensive interstate travel for work and occasional international travel. The majority of travel will be to work with our core partners in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia.
- Status: Full-time 2 year fixed-term contract.
- Working hours: This is a demanding job that will have periods of intense campaign activity and out of hours work. You will need to be flexible to accommodate these demands and we will be in return. We are open to proposals involving job-share and flexible working hours.
- International candidates are invited to apply but you must be able to acquire legal permits to work in Australia within a reasonable timeframe.
- CANA aims to be as diverse as the country we are trying to change. We are an equal opportunity employer and people who identify as ATSI, coming from a non-English speaking background, women or LGBTQ+ are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please submit a written application addressing the key selection criteria to email@example.com
Applications are due by 9am AEDT Monday 29 January 2017.