The Climate Action Network is excited to make available small grants to help people and organisations within Australia to deliver projects and activities that help to accelerate the energy transformation.
CANA’s small grants scheme is open to Australian people and organisations of all types (no particular legal status or DGR requirements) who are working to repower their communities and our country with energy from the sun, wind and water.
The scheme is administered by a committee appointed by the CANA Board with representatives from small climate action groups, climate NGOs, the philanthropic community and the social services sector.
- Applications are open to all people and organisations (members and non-members of CANA)
- Grants will generally be for $5000 but larger requests (up to $25,000) will be considered
- Applications for the next round of funding close at 5pm on Sunday 21 May 2017
Applications are open only to Australian people and organisations. The committee will consider the following when assessing applications:
To be eligible your proposal must do ONE of these three things:
- Engage new and different voices in the climate and energy debate,
- Help a particular part of the community understand the energy transformation and their role in it, or
- Support communities to advocate for the transformation in their community or influence the national energy transformation.
We will then ask the following questions of the proposal:
Will the proposal:
- Change the conversation on climate and energy?
- Effectively pressure a politically significant target?
- Build or contribute to a lasting structure or institution?
- Connect with national campaign priorities such as: renewable energy uptake, the closure of coal-fired power stations, or preventing the increased use of gas?
- Connect to the national Repower network of campaigns?
We will also want to know about you and/or your organisation:
- Are you connected to an organisation or institution that is known in the movement?
- Are you a recognised leader in the movement?
- Are you recognised in your community?
- Do you have the skills/capacity to deliver on your proposal?
How to apply
If you are an Australian person or organisation interested in applying for a small grant through this scheme:
- Complete the Small Grants Application Form.
- Send it (along with any relevant supporting documents) to Alison Platt, CANA Small Grants Scheme Administrator, at email@example.com with the subject line: “Small Grants Scheme Application - YOUR NAME”
The next round of applications closes at 5pm on Sunday 21 May 2017.
We may be in touch in the week of 22-26 May if we need to clarify anything in your application and expect to be able to determine applications by approximately 5 June.