A fair and sustainable Australia free of climate pollution, where people and nature are protected from dangerous climate change.
Is to support our members and their allies to take actions to protect people at home and abroad from climate change, to safeguard our natural environment, and to build a fair, clean, healthy Australia for everyone.
To do this we will create a diverse network with distributed leadership that links people and organisations working toward our vision. The network will support the setting and achievement of shared goals and be the underlying infrastructure that supports us to work together.
TOGETHER WE WORK TO
- Reduce Australia’s climate pollution to zero, and beyond.
- Transition to a society and economy powered by clean energy and clean exports.
- Protect people, water, air, land, and nature from the impacts of fossil fuel extraction.
- Build climate leadership and resilience in communities most affected by climate change.
- Ensure Australia does its fair-share in international efforts to confront the crisis.
WE WORK BY:
- Building and aligning strategies in common areas of our work.
- Co-designing and collaborating to deliver climate campaigns and projects.
- Co-operating on community-led transition projects.
- Engaging more people and diverse sectors to take action on campaigns connected to climate.
- Developing policies and proposals that will help deliver on our vision.
- Linking to international efforts, networks, and campaigns.
The Network provides infrastructure for ongoing communication between members, as well as convening meetings and working groups for particular regions, sectors, and issue areas. Read the CANA Constitution.
The CANA Annual Report for 2019-20 details how our network members support each other to build a powerful, connected, diverse and innovative climate movement. To view all our Annual Reports, click here.
CANA’s Common Agenda is an action plan to rapidly cut Australia’s climate pollution.
Our network commits to solidarity and support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
For information on joining the network, click here.