The purpose of this policy is to document the principles and procedures by which CANA will enter into and accept all fundraising and sponsorship, including commercial arrangements.
This Policy covers all Employees and Board Members of CANA. CANA supports fundraising initiatives and sponsorships that:
- are consistent with the core values and goals of CANA; and
- generate funding to allow for CANA to operate.
The Guidelines apply to all sponsorship and funding arrangements made by CANA including Services Agreements and the CANA Small Grants Program.
CANA will adhere to the following fundraising standards:
- Fundraising activities carried out by CANA will comply with all relevant laws.
- Any communications to the public made in the course of carrying out a fundraising activity shall be truthful and non-deceptive.
- All monies raised via fundraising activities will be for the stated purpose of the appeal and will comply with the organisation’s stated mission and purpose.
- All personal information collected by CANA is confidential and is not for sale or to be given away or disclosed to any third party without consent.
- Nobody directly or indirectly employed by or volunteering with CANA shall accept commissions, bonuses or payments for fundraising activities on behalf of the organisation.
- No general solicitations shall be undertaken by telephone or door-to-door. However, this policy does not prevent service agreement partners from fundraising in this way.
- Fundraising activities should not be undertaken if they may be detrimental to the good name or community standing of CANA.
Click here to download a PDF of the full policy [115kb].