The Climate Action Network’s 2016 Assembly for Action on 17-18 March will be two days of learning from experience, building skills, sharing strategies, and strengthening relationships between all the key players in Australia’s climate movement.
The agenda will consist of the following components:
- Keynote talks, panel and plenary sessions featuring leaders from across the movement
- Break-out group work based on plenary topics
- Member-led workshops with topics proposed in advance by participants
- Awesomely fun social event with games, tunes and more on Thursday evening
The themes of the gathering and the four plenary sessions will be:
- Why we work together: power in collective action
- How we work together: delivering a shared strategic framework
- Whats coming up: 2016 election
- What’s coming up: growing and diversifying our movement
These will be happen across the morning and afternoon sessions of each day, with participant led workshops following each plenary.
Participant led workshops
In order to ensure the program most meets the needs and interests of all participants, we have invited participants to co-create the agenda by proposing and leading workshops. Approximately a third to a half of the gathering time will be devoted to these workshops, which will be 1 hour in length. Workshop proposals are now closed.
If you have any questions about this format please contact Lindsay on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the full program for the event here.
Note: times and sessions may be revised as the program is finalised.