The 2018 CANA Repower Australia Small Grants Scheme supports small organising projects that will expedite Australia’s transition to 100% renewable energy by building and activating community leadership.
Funding for your project
Grants from $500 to $10,000 are available. The Scheme is designed to resource CANA members to run impactful high value, low cost energy transition organising projects. We seek applications for grants of $500 to $5,000, although in exceptional cases, CANA’s Small Grant Scheme Committee may grant up to $10,000. In addition, the committee will welcome stand out applications from organisations considering joining the CANA network.
Eligibility for funding
Our priority with this grant round is to fund smaller local organisations and individuals. This includes local affiliates, branches or action groups associated with larger organisations. In general we will not fund larger organisations with numerous staff. However, projects from larger organisations that support local action and address a critical gap in national strategy will be considered. We encourage all grant seekers to contact us before submitting to discuss your proposal.
Projects must address at least one of the following criteria:
- Identify, educate and activate new and diverse voices to organise for the energy transition
- Assist a particular community to understand the urgency of the issue, gain their commitment to leading an energy transition organising project and establish an activist leadership team
- Enable communities to organise, educate and advocate for the transformation in their community and/or to influence the energy transformation at a state or national level
Applications are open 24 July - midnight (AEST) 7 September 2018.
Complete each section of the online application form clearly and concisely. To assist with your preparation to apply, you will need to prepare brief answers to the below questions:
- What is the purpose of the project (which of the above three criteria are you trying to achieve)?
- Provide details of your Australian project with a brief description of how you intend to use the grant funding.
- Describe the reasons why do you want to do this project and how it will assist in achieving the goal of moving Australia to 100% renewable energy. (Approx. 200 words)
- What do you expect to achieve from the project? This should include a broad goal and also SMART objectives.
- What are the proposed start and end dates for your project?
- What does your organisation do? Include its mission, major programs, number of paid staff, volunteer leaders and volunteers. Indicate how the proposed project will assist your organisation in its mission (Approx. 100 words)
- How much do you expect your project to cost?
- How much funding are you seeking from CANA?
- Are you seeking any other funding for this project?
- What will you spend the funds on?
It is recommended that you take the time to contact one of the CANA Network Support Team members listed below to discuss your project and application prior to drafting and submission to ensure that it meets the criteria for consideration.
Stephanie Cunio email@example.com
Melinda Millen firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details, download this factsheet PDF.